Best hotels in New York
Do you know the best hotels in New York? The American writer Elwyn Brooks White said:
“New York is nothing like Paris; it is nothing like London; and it is not Spokane multiplied by sixty, or Detroit multiplied by four. It is by all odds the loftiest of cities. It even managed to reach the highest point in the sky at the lowest moment of the depression”.
Falling in love with New York is too easy because this unique city has the power to give all you need. The city shows you everything you’re able to do and it prepares you to live in a foreign country, as in New York are all expatriates from another site.
New York is a place to visit as a vibrant and eclectic city. There are a variety of places to visit that there is no equal in any other city in the world. Some of the most popular are the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Immigration Museum and the best hotels in New York.
We’ve all dreamed of a super central location in Times Square or in front of the best views of the Hudson River. But this can be somewhat impractical for budget issues because the area is not as good as expected.
In this post you'll read...
What to do in New York
Notwithstanding, the reasons why we visit this great and unique city are multiple. Here, things you should do in New York:
- Taking the longest avenue in New York, or whatever it is, the famous Broadway, which is 33 kilometers in length and whose name has its origin in the Dutch “Breede Wegh” meaning “broad way”.
- Visiting the rage lately as Wall Street and admire some of its elegant executives. This is where the famous Dow Jones was born. The atmosphere is unique in the world financial center.
- Taking a tour of the Downtown from Ground Zero, that is the lowest side of the city, and walking up to Battery Park Village through Little Italy and Soho. You will find many attractions along your way.
- Saling off on a romantic sunset ferry to the Staten Island passing by the Statue of Liberty. The trip is not expensive.
- You should not to miss the legendary Empire State. Its lifts cover the distance in a few seconds, but it is recommended if you do not suffer from claustrophobia. If you like sporting challenges, then you should climb 1,575 stairs from the ground floor up to the 86th.
- Times Square is probably the most spectacular square in the city and has undergone several throughout the last hundred years.
Our top 5 Best hotels in New York
JW Marriott Essex House New York
If you like the risk and it is your first time in New York, you must stay in Times Square, or better stated, in Midtown. The street goes from 34th to 55th, and between the 9th and from the 5th Avenue.
The J.W. Marriott Essex House includes both hotel and private apartments, and it is located in a location looking out to Central Park. The apartments are spacious and feature unique layouts; most of them also have beautiful views to Central Park and the city skylines.
This boutique hotel in Manhattan features a restaurant and a fitness center, and offers spacious studios and suites with a fully equipped kitchen. The Affinia Manhattan is located 1 block far from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. The hotel plans wine reception in the evenings.
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Located on the south side of Central Park, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel provides impeccable service and first class comforts. The restaurant serves sumptuous dishes, the spa offers body treatments and a nice Bentley limo takes you wherever you want.
The marble reception with high ceilings and retro style evokes the 20’s Jazz Age in New York. Its spacious studios and suites will make you feel at home. In the rooms there are ranges and refrigerators. Midtown attractions are very close.
Sutton Places Suites
Located in one of the quietest and most prestigious streets of New York, Sutton Place Suites offers you warm and cozy suites. The rooms are furnished with a mix of old and modern style furnitures and wooden floors. Each room has a full kitchen and dining area.
And you, have you visited New York?
What are the best hotels in New York that you think should be in this top 5?